Floodgates

Monday, November 14, 2011

It's Here, It's Now

I have grown up so much in a few hours, more than I have in the last one year. Nineteen is long gone, it's a lot more and above that now.

About nine hours ago, I was dreading the immense feeling of responsibility that seemed to overwhelm me as I thought about accepting admission into med school. I felt my easy life floating away into the ocean of NIC numbers, proper signatures, pay order receipts and so much more that was beyond my horizon for now.

And here I am now, welcoming the feeling of responsibility in its entirety because medicine is just that - the responsibility of patience, perseverance and so much more.

1 comment:

  1. Everybody's growing up and becoming responsible and going away. Except for me. Blah

    ReplyDelete